Courgette & Lemon Cupcakes
Are you are experiencing a glut courgettes?! If so, this is the recipe for you! Made with 200g courgette it makes a perfect after school treat. They are yummy, and freezer brilliantly.
195g @dovesfarm gluten free self raising flour (normal self raising flour will work just as well)
2 eggs, beaten
90g butter melted (coconut oil would also work well)
200g grated courgette
1 lemon zested and 1/2 juiced lemon
100g light muscovado sugar 1 tsp vanilla essence
Makes 12 muffins
1. Pre heat the oven to 190 degrees
2. Line a muffin tin with cases
3. Place the flour into a bowl, add the sugar and lemon zest and then add in the grated courgette and toss about slightly to coat in the flour.
4. In another bowl combine the melted butter with the 2 eggs, vanilla essence and the juice of half the lemon and mix together.
5. Pour this wet egg mix into the dry courgette & flour mix and fold together lightly.
6. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases until about two thirds full.
7. Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until a skewer can be inserted and comes out clean. Allow to cool on a rack.